Who is Laser Hair Removal Good for?
Nowadays, there are lots of talks about the efficiency, effectiveness, and longevity of laser hair removal. As a result of this, you may be wondering whether you can go for laser hair removal or not. But the truth is that laser hair removal is good for some individuals whereas it is not recommended for others.
So, who is laser hair removal good for?
Laser hair removal is good for virtually everyone
In the past, laser hair removal was only good for individuals with dark hair and light skin. However, as technology improves, laser hair technology is now good for almost everyone. Regardless of the color of your skin or hair, laser hair removal is good for you.
This hair removal method is recommended for:
· Those with excessive hair growth
Do you experience excess hair growth in any part of your body? If yes, laser hair removal is good for you. Whether the excess hair growth is caused by hypertrichosis, hirsutism, or any other condition, you can use laser hair removal to get rid of it.
· Those who want to remove hair for cosmetic reasons
Whether you have excess hair growth or not, you can use laser hair removal to remove hair for cosmetic reasons. As a cosmetic procedure, laser hair removal will boost your self-image and appearance.
· Those who don’t like tweezing, shaving, or waxing regularly
Are you tired of shaving, tweezing, or waxing unwanted hair every other day or week? Then, laser hair removal is good for you. After undergoing some sessions of this hair removal procedure, you don’t have to bother about removing hair for the next few years or decades.
As you can see, laser hair removal is good for almost everyone. Therefore, if you think this hair removal procedure can improve the quality of your life, you should not hesitate to go for it.
Laser hair removal is not good for people with some conditions
Although most individuals can enjoy the benefits of laser hair removal, it is not recommended for people with some conditions. You should not get laser hair removal if you:
- Are currently taking any acne treatments
- Have or had skin cancer
- Have pellagra which is caused by lack of Vitamin B3 in the diet
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby. You are advised to wait until you have weaned your baby before getting laser hair removal
- Are prone to cold sores
- Have recently had a chemical peel or surgery
- Have genital herpes (HSV-2)
- Suffer from keloid scars, vitiligo, or hypertrophic scars
- Are hypersensitive to light. Notably, hypersensitivity to light could be caused by some non-steroid anti-inflammatory or anti-depressant drugs.
- Suffer from porphyria, lupus, or any other condition that can also lead to excessive sensitivity to light.
- Are taking anticoagulants
If you fall into any of these categories, then you are advised to avoid laser hair removal. Otherwise, you should talk to your doctor before scheduling an appointment for this procedure.
But if you don’t suffer from any of these conditions, laser hair removal is good for you.