How Drug Addiction And Drug Abuse Can Hook You
Drug addiction is one of the most trending topics of the time. Drug abuse has a deep connection to drug addiction. Several studies reported that most of the addiction cases started with drug abuse. If you didn’t know it already, a common term for drug addiction is substance use disorder.
It means the disorder comes from using various substances such as nicotine, marijuana, alcohol, etc. When you find yourself or someone close to you continuing some medicines way longer than prescribed for no reason, you can call it a drug abuse. The percentage of people in California addicted to the drug, in general is unbelievable.
Beginning Of Drug Abuse And Addiction
Even though drug abuse and drug addiction have a deep connection, it does not mean these two are the same thing. It starts with illegal use of various substances or drug abuse and ends up craving for those substances or drug addiction.
There are several types of drug abuse, but the common one is prescription drug abuse. When a doctor suggests you some medication, for example, opioids, for a reason, but you continue to take the dosage even after you no longer have the problem. Not only adults but also kids aged about 12 are not safe from these harmful germs.
Reasons For Drug
Abuse And Drug Addiction
When people start using substances, they probably do it for fun or maybe as a treatment. However, they continue to take those medications in high dosages to feel good. People with anxiety or depression tend to abuse the drug to escape or avoid reality. Some say that the drug helps them to reduce stress.
Drug abuse pushes you to a place where you can’t do anything without doing drugs. You no longer care about your finances, work, responsibilities, anything. You can put anything, even your life, at stake to maintain the drug supply.
People suffering from severe mental pressure find a way to get mental peace and happiness. Despite knowing that it abruptly harms their health both physically and mentally, they can’t resist taking it. The drug affects the human brain badly; it also changes how a person behaves.
Symptoms Of Drug Abuse
- Whatever you do, it’s the brain that makes you do it. Drugs hit your brain straight, which makes you unable to do many things; for example, you will find it hard to make decisions. You won’t be able to judge something; there will be a loss of memories. The worst part is learning will also be problematic for you.
- Drugs increase the dopamine rush in your brain, which makes you feel good. It is the reason your brain triggers for repeating those feelings, and that is when you crave the drug.
- You lose control over yourself. It gets hard for you to concentrate on something, talk properly, etc. You become aggressive.
- You no longer fear for your life. Moreover, you do dangerous activities after doing drugs
- If you try to go without drugs for a few days, you feel restless and catch several problems, such as insomnia, depression, anxiety, stress, etc.
If you feel these things are familiar to you, seek help. To know more about California’s addiction to the drug in general, you can research more.